Solid Waste & Recycling
The Lafayette County Solid Waste Department is committed to maintaining a clean and environmentally safe place for people to live. Our mission is guided by accountability, common sense and compassion to assist all of the people of Lafayette County. Please follow the Lafayette County Solid Waste Department on Facebook for live route updates and other important notices.
Neighborhood pickup schedule:
- Wellsgate: Monday
- Northpointe and Twelve Oaks: Wednesday
Garbage Collection Rules
- Only household garbage will be accepted on a weekly pickup. Furniture, appliances, limbs, leaves or other yard waste will be accepted per call in.
- All garbage must be bagged, tied and placed within five feet of the roadway. The bag(s) must be placed in a Lafayette County roll out trash can. These cans are property of Lafayette County and remain with the address. For large items, use the Request Large Waste Item Pickup Online form.
- Do not place your garbage where it may block your mailbox.
- Garbage must be out by 7 a.m. on your regular scheduled collection day.
- There is a weight limit of 35 pounds per bag.
- No paints, chemicals, automotive batteries, syringes, sharp objects or tires will be accepted.
Billing address: P.O. Box 885, Oxford, MS 38655
Telephone: (662) 236-2535
Fax: (662) 236-7997